Human Resource Manager
Dart Appraisal is seeking an enthusiastic and task-oriented candidate that enjoys wearing multiple hats within the HR function to become the Human Resources Manager. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for owning and performing all HR-related tasks at Dart Appraisal. This includes payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, recruiting, reporting, onboarding/offboarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
- Processes semi-monthly payroll (using ADP Workforce Now), including 401K submissions
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures;
- Prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Participates in recruiting and pre-screening process for open positions
- Conducts new-employee onboarding and manages new hire paperwork
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory (phone list).
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Performs various administrative tasks as needed
- Supports special (ad-hoc) projects and requests
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Microsoft Excel Skills
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of HR experience