Commercial Client Specialist
The Client Specialist works closely with clients and appraisers in managing the ordering, processing, and
completion of real estate appraisals, while ensuring appraisal independence and a compliant appraisal
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assign appraisers to work orders in accordance with client requirements and Dart policies.
- Manage the bidding process for commercial and complex residential orders.
- Obtain client approval and appropriately document utilization of off–panel appraisers.
- Manage the appraisal process by performing follow-up procedures for orders in various stages of completion, being conscientious of client deadlines, and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Follow up with appraisers on the status of orders, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Maintain frequent communication with clients on the status and progress of orders.
- The primary point of contact for clients placing orders, and a liaison between clients, appraisers, and reviewers.
- Proactively manage appraisal turn times to exceed company and client expectations.
- Handle all client needs/requests.
- Maintain accurate billing and fees; process credit card charges as needed.
- Negotiate appraiser fees as necessary.
- Make recommendations for panel additions when necessary.
- Obtain additional business from clients by establishing rapport, providing exceptional service, and positioning oneself as a trusted partner.
- Provide back up when team members are out of the office.
- Assist other employees as needed.
- Utilize all forms of communication available, including phone, text messaging software, Outlook, and eTrac.
- Keep management abreast of any client critical issues.
Demonstrate all company Core Values:
- Sense of Urgency
- Dig Deeper
- Positive Attitude
- Customer Focused
- Continuous Improvement
Strong verbal skills and the ability to deliver highly personalized service to clients. Strong customer service and time management skills. Ability to multi-task, handling large volume of work orders, email and telephone contact. Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Knowledge of real estate, mortgage, and banking industries preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook required. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Experience with commercial real estate is highly preferable.
Degree and mortgage industry knowledge preferred, but not required.